Monday, October 18

my priorities ≠ college priorities

I was planning on spending the majority of my weekend drawing, but alas the responsibilities of being a full time college student with 2 jobs has hindered that. It's really frustrating when schooling, which is supposed to be taking me where I want to go in life as far as a career, is actually hindering me from doing what I want to do.

So... because I feel bad that I haven't updated in a while and in a last ditch effort to not look unproductive, here is a page from my sketchbook. The character on the right you will definitely be seeing again (hopefully) soon. I have no definite plans for mr. robot face, but I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere.

sketchbook 10-12-2010  |  ball point pen

While I'm at it, here is a small preview of an illustration I'm working on. I've finished the pen drawing, but I want to go over it with watercolor when I have a chance, so watch out. Anyway, without further ado, I would like to introduce the buring cupcake:



This is only a tiny zoomed in section of the whole drawing, so this little guy is actually pretty small.

Fall break is fast approaching and hopefully it will be relatively homework free so I should be able to put some solid hours into finishing up some drawings and starting some new ones. Look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment